Total Pageviews

Friday, August 26, 2011

Surrendering To The Goddess.....Again!

Today we got a call from America's Got Talent inviting us to be a part of the 2011 Finale Show as an AGT All Star. At first I was so excited since it felt like an opportunity to "get back on the horse" with an appreciative audience, no Xs, over 100 million viewers and a trip to Hollywood.  Then I presented it to my bride Angelina and she immediately said "No F'ing Way".  I was really disappointed since I am a born entertainer and this would be the most exciting, big time opportunity to share our talents ever.  She then went on to remind me that AGT portrayed us in a very unfavorable light in June. Then she reminded me that our audition in July was never aired even though we spent $1000. on the costumes and went through "hell" during Vegas Week. I still argued for going. Then she reminded me that they are only inviting us to go back because the audience and judges had such an unfavorable response to us.  Then I found my mind starting to have second thoughts.  Then she reminded me that I had facebooked that I no longer, in clear conscious, could support a show where the judges displayed such obvious disrespect for each other and had very little compassion for the talent. (amazing how quickly I forgot that when they dangled the carrot) I'm not judging the show any more than I would judge a cigarette company. Still, I would not endorse either. My body and mind were a mess.  So much confusion for me and still, Angelina was very clear.  Absolutely Not! 

One thing I've noticed over the last 10 plus years, whenever Angelina and I are in disagreement, she is usually more intuitive, wise and discerning.  She's the one that convinced me to become monogamous in 2007. (one of the best decisions I ever made)  So, not only do I surrender to her, I believe in my heart that this is the wisest thing for us to do since we truly want to put this whole AGT nightmare behind us. That being said, I wouldn't do anything different because I have grown more spiritually from this than almost any other single event of my life. I also discovered a whole new religion that has trumped all other spiritual teachings as far as how much peace of mind I now have. So I called AGT back and told them thanks, but no thanks.  I've been a bit depressed all day but I'm coming out of it now.  We still have no full time work but I don't mind.  At one point she was crying because she so didn't want to go to Hollywood, and I was crying because I so did. lol  As Howie said to us when they eliminated us in Vegas..."we're sending you home but you still have each other"....Amen Howie, I'd choose what I have with Angelina over any amount of fame, money, women, independence or control. 

When offered the drug of fame, sometimes you gotta  JUST SAY NO!!!

7 comments:

  1. Way to go Angelina for having such clarity and sticking to it! Way to go Armand for listening to your beloved.
    Love you both,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, YES, Angelina! And, yes, yes, YES, Armand for your willingness to experience all the different feelings that came up for you about this! Wow, this blog post of yours is so awesome and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Radical Forgiveness prevails again! You two are SO AWESOME in your clarity and humor. I can just picture the angst and the "aha"! Keep on keeping on! Love and hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so Happy you chose to say "No" !!
    That (in my opinion ) empowers you more, and you guys are above that !!
    Seriously !
    Angelina is so right !!
    You guys WILL find something soon . AGT was not it !
    I was thinking maybe be a guest on Joyce Myers !?
    As she gets HUGE crowds and is a lot more in alignment with a Higher Power , and you will not be made a mockery of . Rather respected and honored , the way you should be , and admired for your insight and talent !!!..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! As the father of a musician, I have an appreciation for the incredible hunger you feel to get in front of an audience that large--to be heard. It takes a lot of strength to put your relationship with the beautiful Angelina ahead of that need. Namaste.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Very inspiring and clearly an example of the mechanics of discernment! I envy the clarity and the (probable) calm with which you reached your direction! Wow.. such a duo!

    I also have put in for a hall pass with Barbie!

    ReplyDelete