Total Pageviews

Friday, September 16, 2011

11 Keys to a Happy, Peaceful, Contented Life!

It is said, "we always teach what we need to learn".  Well, as I am moving past what feels like a mini bout with depression, I'm again reunited with the core beliefs that have sustained me through the years, kept me positive and trumped all sadness and anxiety whenever I held onto them firmly.  As I pondered these ideas, I felt the warmth of happiness wash through me again. I know some of these are radical, especially when they are applied to criminals and the likes. Still, I stand by them at this time because I believe adopting these principles will lead to a more harmonious world. I also believe that much of our need for recovery work, painful consequences and emotional and mental imbalances would be greatly reduced if we really embraced these ideas. Of course, crime rate etc. would also go down.  As always, I'm open and welcoming to any differing points so I may continue to grow and evolve.  I also know that I'm making this all up.

  1. We were born as an original blessing.
  2. We are always Enough......Period!
  3. There is no good/bad/right/wrong, only consequences.
  4. We always do the best we can at any given moment.
  5. There is no way to make the wrong decision.
  6. Noone is better or more worthy of love than anyone else.
  7. The more you appreciate and/or accept all of life, the better you feel.
  8. We are at the only place we can be right now.
  9. Be attached to nothing. This too shall pass. All is impermanent.
  10. Serving/helping others is good for the soul (as long as you take care of yourself at the same time)
  11. Enerything is perfectly imperfect.
My hope is that something here will trump any sadness or anxiety you may be feeling and we can all get on to the business of Peace......swami armandananda

No comments:

Post a Comment