Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 26, 2011

I Used to Believe in God!

For my whole life, I have believed in God, a higher power, some force that was guiding my life and the universe.  This belief was strong enough for me to feel a superficial sense of well being overall in my life.  This belief allowed me to make some sense of everything that showed up.  This belief gave me strength when things seemed out of control. This belief was not strong enough for me to relax into the knowing that all was well no matter what.  I had a stronger belief that my world was just one move away from falling apart if I didn't do everything right.  I believed God was there, but the burden of life was still my responsibility. I believed that my needs were ultimately taken care of AND I needed to make sure that I not only met God halfway, I had to take care of most of it just in case.  I believed that God had set up "The Law of Attraction", "Prayer", "Affirmations" and "positive thinking" as tools for me to use in order to secure my prosperity in all aspects of my life.  God was present but I WAS IN CHARGE!  Needless to say, there was an underlying panic beneath my cool exterior and an overall anxiety in my body that I masked by using the aformentioned tools.

Recently when I embraced "The Script", I went from believing in God, the Good, Omnicient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent (all the Omnis) to KNOWING God.  Finally I can truly Be Still and Know God.  I no longer stress about the outcomes in my life.  I relax in the knowing that all is well.  I breathe into the peace of perfection and welcome and embrace whatever shows up.  I no longer feel responsible for what shows up in my life, but responsible for how I feel and think about it.  I feel more content with an unpleasant outcome than I used to feel with a pleasant one.  I trust that it's all God's Will.  This allows me to be more in The Now and present to the people in my life. 

I am grateful for the day I stopped believing in God and began to know God!

2 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful Armand. I know for me getting to know God as something I am and not just this force outside of myself that is watching and taking notes on every move I make has been a challenge. I am seeing more and more how I make my decisions based on fear instead of knowing that it is ALL GOOD!! I am thankful that I am "awakening" more each day through affirmative prayer and meditation I too am starting to KNOW God. Namaste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ! Yes ! Yes !!!!!!!
    Love it love you !!!

    ReplyDelete