Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Did Jesus Die For Your Sins?

I remember in 1997, I was a sponsor at a Southest Youth Of Unity leadership rally.  One our our service projects was to go into the community and offer to be of service for no pay.  It was like a "pay it forward" thing before the movie came out in 2000.  3 teens and myself went to a hardware store and offered to do anything they needed as a gift of service. The manager came over and we were so excited to give our time and love freely.  He asked, "do ya'll believe in Jesus?"  We said, "oh yes".  Then he said, "do you believe he died for your sins?" and I said "no!".   He then proceeded to angrily throw us out of the store and said we were not welcome to do anything for him.  This left a lasting impression upon me.  I always wondered what I could have said that would have been effective in creating harmony.  Maybe nothing short of pretending to agree with him.  Well recently as I have released more judgment and surrendered completely to God/Spirit, I got the hit that since all religions are just belief systems derived from MSU (making shit up) , maybe anything anyone believes is actually true and their lives will reflect that truth.  So for the Christians, Jesus did die for their sins, regardless of what anyone else believes or any evidence to the contrary.  If they do not follow the teachings they believe in, they will be sinning and will experience some sort of hell. For the atheists, there is no God and they will experience life with no "supreme being", which for me would be hell, but for them is business as usual.  And so on, and so on.

What if we all scripted our religious beliefs and thus experiences, into our life/movie before we got here and thus everyone's religion is absolutely true and as real as any other "illusion/belief/thought"?  Maybe that's how we create peace on earth......not only allow all belief systems but actually support and embrace everyone's right to have them and the relative truth in them.  For years I have believed that my spiritual (not religious) beliefs were more expanded than others. Can you say superiority thinking?  Now that I've adopted an entirely new religion which in many ways is contrary to much of what I used to believe, I now see the absurdity of ever thinking I knew anything of an absolute nature.

If I'm ever asked the question "do you believe Jesus died for our sins?",  I hope to respond,  "is that what you believe?"   If they say "yes", I hope to say, "I believe and know in my heart that Jesus did indeed die for your sins!"  They still may throw me out but I've been getting thrown out of places since 2nd grade. So this would be very par for the course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment