Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

George W and Oprah together again!

Last night we watched GW being interviewed on the Oprah show.  We were blown away by the mutual respect. The same mutual respect occurred when Sarah Palin was on the Oprah show months ago. I have not been a GW fan.  I have judged him and his actions.  Last night I became a fan.  Not the politics, not the opinions but the intrinsic nature of him as a fellow american, child of the Universe, man/husband/father with human frailties.  As I watched I thought, "what would I think if I hadn't eaten from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil".  I realized that I would actually like him, find him funny, humble, passionate and caring. Even authentic which I hadn't seen before. He made fun of himself a lot and that really turns me on.  I realize that the more I accept my "complete self", the more I am able to accept everyone else completely.  I also realize I have no f'ing clue as to what it would be like to be him, afraid for the wellbeing of America and having to listen to so many advisors etc, holding the blame for every action the government took during his 8 years and now even much of what is happening now.  Knowing that every man and woman that gave their lives in Iraq are somehow on his conscience.  I feel compassion for him.  His family seems very kind and they love him.  He must be much more than my small mind imagined.  As we move into possibly the most uncertain, powerful times of our lifetime, I believe we are being called upon to find the areas that we are connected to others, letting go of our differences.  This is often called the "vesica pisces" since it is the place where two circles meet.  I commit to opening my heart to more conservative view points.  I commit to realizing that intelligent folks are on all sides of the political, moral fences and that none of it is black and white.  I commit to seeing the Christ/Buddha/Beloved in all of humanity even though many of them think I'm insane and idealistic. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully said, my Friend! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I confess, I felt the same way. Just don't tell my mother, my stepmothers etc. etc. We have come a long way baby!

    ReplyDelete