Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Exposing The Cholesterol Myth

I was so blown away by a documentary film we saw today from 2009. It's called Fat Head. It shows a completely different perspective to Super Size Me. It is very much in alignment with the data I have discovered in the last few months about how much of what we have been told by the "experts" is contrary to what the actual studies show. I wept for a while for all of the people who have suffered from this misinformation. Here are a few highlights that I am buying into for now.

1. Saturated Fat is good for you and eating it lowers Cholesterol and helps one to lose weight and does not cause heart disease or obesity.

2. Vegetable Oil which replaced saturated fats causes inflammation and heart disease.

3. A high grain diet causes inflammation and heart disease and can lead to obesity.

4. Not getting enough cholesterol can lead to fatigue and depression.

When I was first diagnosed with Coronary Artery Disease (which I now affectionately call "The Window Maker" because it has opened a window into my health. thanks Deborah Mazanek), I could not find a dietary connection since I was doing pretty much what the experts have said to do since the 50's. Now that I have this new information, things make much more sense. I can definitely see how my diet contributed to my blocked artery. It also explains why my dad died of heart disease at 59 after substituting vegetable oils and whole grains for animal fats and eggs in the early 60's. I am so inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment