Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 16, 2011

No-one is Responsible....Everyone is Accountable

I first heard "we are not responsible for what we do" from Eckhart Tolle in his groundbreaking book..The New Earth.  He claims that when we do negative things, it is merely our "pain body" that has taken over.  This resonated deeply in my soul even though I had held the "self-responsible" position for my whole life.  It was only when I embraced The Script that I was able to fully embrace "non-responsibility".  The word "responsible" is a very loaded word. One definition is.....Being the primary cause of something and so able to be blamed or credited for it.  This is a great way to perpetuate judgment, shame and guilt which have plagued me for decades and only recently have been removed from my consciousness. (There still may be some in the unconscious but that is leaving more each day.)  It is my belief that addictions, prescription drugs, depression, anxiety and most any other ailments are all mostly rooted in judgment, shame and guilt leading us to not feeling enough!  So, like it or leave it, here's the cure for all of that........Stop making yourself and others the primary cause of everything so you no longer are able to blame or give credit for it!  Instead, trust that everything is divinely scripted, hold The Script/God/Allah/Insanity/Pain Body responsible for everything and let yourself and everyone else off the judgmental hook!  What if time didn't exist? What if you were merely reviewing a past that already occurred thinking you could change it?  What if the idea of responsibility was just the Ego's way of Edging God Out?  Can you truly surrender to a higher power?  Do you believe "It's all in Divine Order" or are you like most, offering lip service to a teaching that you can't truly embrace?  I sure know what that's like. I've done it for decades.

OK, now that you are probably breaking out in a cold sweat, I want to buffer things a bit with the word accountable. It is often used as a synonym however rarely does someone use the word to put someone down.  We call people and actions irresponsible but we don't say that someone or their actions are not accountable.  Instead it is more of a "what goes around comes around" type of concept.  Because I believe that two of the Absolutes are "The All is One and the One is All" and "we always get back what we put out", then of course everything is connected and there will be consequences/accountability for everything. That doesn't mean responsibility Accountabilty is a given but Responsibility is very subjective. . Is the tree responsible or irresponsible for dropping seeds, dying or uprooting your driveway.  Nope.  Still, there will be consequences and accountability. Is a baby responsible for throwing up on your new clothes?  Nope, but there will be consequences.

In closing, I don't believe you, I or anyone that has ever hurt us or anyone else is responsible for "what is".  I believe in a Divine Order/God/Goddess/Script/Eternal Presence/Higher Power that is ultimately responsible for everything.  I NOW PRONOUNCE US........NOT GUILTY!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed that ! Thanks for posting .I will ponder that thought !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes re-languaging changes the entire inherited pain-body that a word carries. As you point out, "responsibility" can be one of those words for some people. I appreciate this post for so many reasons; one of them is that you are embodying accountability. You are being accountable for your language choices. Powerful stuff, my friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The "Ability to Respond" is my preferred way of approaching responsibility. Not a necessity but a choice we are given to exercise at will by our gracious source. It is indeed already done.. therefore enjoy the ability to become involved. See the light only, not the lack of it! and enjoy the gift. "It's All Been Done" (Bare Naked Ladies}

    ReplyDelete