Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

MEAT: To Eat or Not to Eat....that is the question!

Yesterday I woke up with Spirit loudly saying "you are to stop eating meat!".  This was very unwelcome news.  "Are you sure?", I said.  "Yes, you are to stop eating meat!".  I love meat.  I have been eating only organic meat for years.  I buy sustainable fish, blah, blah, blah.  I asked if this was for ethical reasons and the answer I got was "NO, it's not a judgement about whether it's ethical or not to eat meat".  I asked "Is it because it's the Green thing to do?".  Spirit said, "this is not a judgement about whether it's better for the planet!  This is something for you to do now to make you more in alignment with your new consciousness.  "Oh" I said, "not eating meat is more conscious."   "Nope, you just can't let go of the judgement can you? It's what's best for YOU right now!"  I wondered what it would be like eating with Angelina.  "Would she be best not to eat meat too."  "That's not your concern!  She is doing what is best for her. This message is for YOU!" 

As with all my obvious guidance, when I follow it, my life improves. It just feels right to stop eating meat right now.  I was already becoming more and more attracted to lighter food, more alive, prana rich sustenance.  Fortunately, the guidance says it's good for me to eat organic eggs from free roaming chickens and raw, organic dairy. Whew! That was close!!   I am type O blood after all. LOL  Whenever I hear anyone promoting vegetarianism from a judgemental place, I always have an inner giggle.  I have heard on many occasions "we will not have peace on earth as long as people eat meat".  My thought is we will not have peace on earth until we stop eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Angelina is the most compassionate, kind, loving, non-judgmental person I know, who has more peace in her life than just about anyone and she loves eating meat, especially caribou.  That's Rudolph's species for God's sake girl!!  And I know plenty of vegetarian, green, tree huggin' folks that are so full of fear, judgment and anger that they don't seem very happy or content with themselves or the world.  Are they promoting peace on earth? Was that a judgment? lol

My bottom line.....everyone needs to take care of their own "little red wagon" and the more you trust yourself and find contentment with your choices, the less you'll condemn those who don't make the same ones!!  Here's a little joke.....a woman is wearing a fur coat and a PETA person says, "lady, do you have any idea how many animals had to die so you could wear that coat?"  She replied...."do you have any idea how many animals I had to sleep with to get this coat?!!!"
Peace and Choices........

3 comments:

  1. This is great. Having been vegetarian a few times in this life, I definately feel it is not a choice for everyone. I am totally with you on the judgement part. Only each of us know, from within, the best path for us, at any given moment. The more I am willing to stay open to the Flow of Grace, that Guidance comes, sometimes welcome with a content smile, sometimes not. Allowing myself to be myself, without fear of others judgements of me is a path I am becoming more and more accquainted with. Allowing others to be themselves, well that is growing on me too. I do that both of these are true prescriptions for wellness in this life. Thank you Armand for this honest, open perspective.
    Love,
    Nelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do know that both of these are...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a vegetarian for over 10 years and became allergic to soy. I'm sure there's a way to manage vegetarianism and avoid soy but, at the time, I was unable to do it. Now I eat organic meat and am healthier than I was then. Perhaps there are times in our lives when we need to be one or the other. Others judging us is uncomfortable but judging ourselves negatively is the pits. The latest judgment to come my way is because I'm not eating all raw foods. I don't know if I could ever do this -- or if I would ever want to!

    ReplyDelete