Total Pageviews

Friday, November 9, 2012

An Apology to Christianity!

Yesterday, while driving from Santa Fe to Scottsdale, I felt compelled to go into a mountain neighborhood towards a white church of some sort.  When we got there, we noticed it was a Greek Orthodox Church. I began to weep and release lots of old judgments. I felt so much power and devotion.  I have not felt this since I left traditional Christianity in 1976.  I felt the presence of Jesus' Christ energy and was overcome with joy.  The church was closed so we drove away.

After I gained composure, we started listening to "Autobiography of a Yogi" read by Sir Ben Kingsley which we got from the Center for Spiritual Awareness where our Master Teacher, Roy Eugene Davis teaches.  Paramahansa Yogananda quoted Babaji as saying...."for the faults of the many, judge not the whole."  Again, I began to weep as I realized that "for the faults of the many" in the Christian religion, I had "judged the whole".  I've done this with people too, especially my childhood caretakers.  Babaji went on to say...."Everything on earth is of mixed character, like a mingling of sand and sugar. Be like the wise ant which seizes only the sugar, and leaves the sand untouched." So often we demonize the whole when we experience sand in our sugar. 

So, to the Christian Church and Christianity at large, I offer a deep, sincere apology for judging you.  I realize now that the essence and soul of your teaching and religion is "Love of God and devotion to The Christ of Jesus".  We need to recognize this with Islam too especially with all the terrorist/extremist actions of the last decade (for the faults of the many). This is exemplified by the Dalai Lama as he stressed, "the importance of valuing all faiths in our current "supermarket of religion."              

No comments:

Post a Comment