Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thoughts: Are you Thinking Them or is "The Script" Thinking You?

Since The Script contends that everything that happens is already predestined, where do thoughts fit in?  For the most part, it appears that we have a certain amount of free will over our thoughts which produce certain feelings.  Still, if we need to have certain thoughts in order to produce a scripted result, then even those thoughts will be scripted.  This really shoots down the idea that "we are in control" huh. 

A few folks have shared their concern that this new philosophy is merely "resignation".  Well,  that may be true AND I truly embrace a certain amount of resignation........I resign from running the universe (I was doing a terrible job anyway);  I resign from judgment;  I resign from thinking I know best for myself and/or anyone else;  I resign from attachment;  I resign from guilt;  I resign from living in the past or the future;  I resign from F.E.A.R.;  I resign from compulsive thinking;  I resign from thinking and feeling that I am less or more than anyone else; I resign from worry;  I resign from personalizing what you think of me; but mostly.....I don't try to figure out what's going to happen next and instead, just enjoy LIFE as it unfolds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment